Mices

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Berzerk, Dec 10, 2017.

?

Best mouse?

1. Logitech

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Corsair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both mice suck ball sack

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Berzerk

Berzerk Mr. Chet Brokowski Member

So ive been using the Logitech G502 Proteus Core for almost 4 years now. I love that mouse. but ive been looking at getting something a little smaller and lighter for FPS. I did a little research and bought a Corsair M65 Pro RGB for kicks. It feels like the buttons are a little farther forward than the Logitech, which is uncomfortable for my hand as i like to use a finger/claw grip and not a palm grip. Anyone out there have any recommendations or are interested in buying a NEW opened Corsair mouse?

TIA,

Berzerk

Arrow likes this.
  2. Psycoder

Psycoder Undistinguished Poster Member

I'm a simple gamer as I use a Logitech M510 but it has held up well with the many click heavy games I play. It does have a nice led built in for when the battery is getting low but other than that it is very dim.

3. vinpup

vinpup CmG Associate Member

I got mine for $10 at Walmart...

4. Caspin

Caspin Novice Poster Member

I use the Logitech G403 prodigy wireless mouse. It is probably the best wireless mouse I have ever used. It does get a little stuttery when the batter is below 20% and you're trying to move the mouse a lot, but using the charging cable flips the mouse into a hard wire mode, so you can charge and play with no issues.

Comes with weights, I like my mouse to be pretty heavy so I use them.

5. Arrow

Arrow Neophyte Poster

I have a Logitech G502 as well, but its sitting unused ever since I switched to my Zowie FK1+, they have something that'll fit your hand with all of their different models, but my only gripe with it is the mouse wheel on it is only alright.

Only complaint on the mouse, and its the only thing I had to adjust from switching from a G502.

6. IRISH_HAMMER

IRISH_HAMMER resident scrub Member

Logitech makes a nice mouse, that is all i used until i got a razer.

7. Festae

Festae Amateur Poster

I'm using a Logitech G500. the mouse doesn't quite scroll as fast as it used to.. but that doesn't matter in gaming.. It does suck for long scrolling of things.. such as playlists, or webpages..

8. navy1337

navy1337 Novice Poster Member

Steelseries since 1.6 days bro can’t go wrong they made for Csgo

Arrow likes this.
  9. Arrow

Arrow Neophyte Poster

From what I've seen they're a stand up company so I'll have to check out their line up of mice..

As long as you get the right model for the fit your hand (Right handed or Ambidextrous models) with sizes for small-large hands or palm/claw styles then Zowie is my go to minimal frills for mouse for CSGO. That's my main selling point is that when you get the right fit then it blew my logitech out of the way.

10. snek

snek Amateur Poster Recruit

I really like my Logitech G602. It's wireless but I like it that way.

11. wooCHEE

wooCHEE Novice Poster Member

Logitech mice FTW

Sofaboy likes this.
  12. Arrow

Arrow Neophyte Poster

I'll add that Logitech mice with 3rd party mouse skate replacements ($5 for 2 sets) and it'll make the G502 even better than new stock pads. I'm really digging them on mine :D

13. wooCHEE

all I've used for years is SteelSeries mice but about a week ago I got a G Pro and it's 1000x better than any of them, Logi/Zowie mice seem to be the best sensor wise

14. Dinal

Dinal Amateur Poster Recruit

What SteelSeries mouse did you have? When I upgraded from a crappy dell mouse to my SteelSeries Rival 300 it was an amazing upgrade. Now I'm wondering if there are better mice to get!

15. wooCHEE

Kinzu v2 & Sensei. I haven't tried every SS mouse obviously and I don't think they're bad or anything but after using a Logi mouse aiming just feels a lot better and smoother, basically comes down to the fact that the sensor is one of the best on the market (along with the sensors in Zowie mice if I recall)...I can't comment on if any of the newer SS mice have a sensor of the same quality but if they do, I'm sure it's solid. I would just do some sensor comparisons with whatever mice you're looking at and make that the main deciding factor on what you get (aside from weight/size depending on what you like). I've been playing CS & competitive shooters for over a decade and I've tried a lot but I'm loving the G Pro now and I believe the 403/503 and certain other Logitech models aren't much different aside from the look and wired/wireless options.

Dinal likes this.
  16. Dinal

Dinal Amateur Poster Recruit

Thanks for the info, you sent me down an hour long rabbit hole into mice! Turns out mine is not that bad, is correctly sized for my hand, and I'm pretty comfortable with it! I'm going to stick with it for a bit. My keyboard is another story, but we could start another thread on that some time

17. ColonelMeow

ColonelMeow CmG Associate Member

I've been happy with my Razer Deathadder Elite, but I'm kind of a Razer fanboy, got the Kraken 7.1 headphones, the Leviathan 5.1 surround speakers for the bedroom. I asked the wife for a Razer keyboard for christmas, but I got awesome car parts instead!

NinJaRed likes this.
  18. Knight

Knight Master Shanker Senior Admin

There are various other mice with iterations of the Pixart PMW3366 sensor if you really want something lighter. IIRC, the 3366 is just the 3360 sensor that was tweaked to Logitech's specs. I believe Razer has a deal with Pixart as well with a 3988 sensor (though supposedly it's no longer a Razer exclusive sensor), I don't know much about that sensor though. Regarding Logitech, I believe the G303 has the same sensor as the G502 if you really want something smaller/lighter, although I think the 303 was replaced with the G Pro (but it still has the same 3366 sensor). The new G403 also has the same sensor as the 502. Supposedly the G Pro is more for people using Claw/Fingertip grips, while the 403 is for palm grip. Best Buy usually has a good selection of mice, buy a couple, and return the ones you don't like.

I've had Logitech mice all my life, so I'm a bit partial to them, but I really do love my G502. I had a blue G5 for the longest time that I ended up giving to a cousin (who is still using it to this day) to buy a G500S, which I regret buying because I did not really care for the sensor on that mouse. I think the 502 came out shortly after I bought it, so I replaced it and put the G500S on backup duty. It didn't take too much getting used to since the shape wasn't much different besides the more edgier parts of the 502. I absolutely love the thumb rest on it, something I hated about the G5 and its iterations.I will say the worst part about the 502 is the mouse feet though. The pointer edges of the feet will catch on your mouse pad if you lift it the wrong way. I've already replaced them once and it still catches the new ones occasionally. I know it also gets shat on for its weight, but since I've used it for years now without any weights in it, it doesn't feel heavy at all. Plus, if you ever need warranty service, Logitech is pretty good about it. If they don't sell your old mouse anymore, they will upgrade you to the new model.

TBH, I've been thinking about grabbing another 502 so I can replace the G500S I have on my spare comp. Just not sure since there have been rumors floating around about a 502 successor, although I imagine it'll just be a 502 with support for their Lightspeed wireless system.

edit: If you browse Reddit at all, check out the MouseReview subreddit.

edit 2 (1/9/18): SteelSeries announced this today, it looks pretty decent. https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-600 and here's a review for it already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzFIAO3e1Vo

ColonelMeow and Dinal like this.