Asynchronous_Spawning

Discussion in 'Just Maps' started by Mr9k, May 13, 2017.

1. Mr9k

Mr9k AI Apprentice Admin

Hello everyone,

I thought @CollinHell had a great idea for building tools to help this community make some cool maps.

What asynchronous_spawning is and for:
    Asynchronous spawning is logic based spawning for asynchronous maps. It will randomly spawn players on either side of the map every round. This solution should solve the problem with uneven maps. When people say "T's have such of an advantage over CT side" on maps that are asynchronous. As an example case: this could be used in texture_city_advanced.

Caveats:
    This only works per round. This does not work during warmup. So if you are trying to test this you must wait for warmup to be completed. This is also random meaning it will not spawn players every other round to the other side of the map. If CT's spawn in "spawn_point_A" and T's spawn in "spawn_point_B" on the first round the second and even third round may be the same. That being said statistically each team should spawn on both sides of the map equally (or close to it).

Attached is the VMF and .BSP. Everything in the box outside of the skybox should be copied and the 4 "info_teleport_destination" should also be copied and placed in your spawn location. I hope to see you guys using this! Let me know if you have questions or want to better understand how the logic works.

Attached Files:

CollinHell and Blackpond like this.
  2. Sketchy

Sketchy CmG Co-Founder Senior Admin

That would be good for TCA, Jungle, and other non mirrored maps, especially ones where people think one side has advantageous spawns over another. I can think of a buncha maps, just cant remember their names.

Blackpond likes this.
  3. BLUE MOON HORIZON

BLUE MOON HORIZON CmG Ally Member

sounds interesting and willing to try but i think it kinda gets away from the true gungame

Blackpond likes this.
  4. Gizmo

Gizmo CmG Acquaintance

i think it would add to the gungame then people arent so bitchey about sides i would think

Blackpond likes this.
  5. CollinHell

CollinHell Kwisatz Haderach Admin

Awesome work dude!

Mr9k likes this.
  6. nederweit

nederweit Intermediate Poster Member

Ooo I think I remember a mod that was similar to this back when I was playing on 1.6, where random people or top tier people swapped with bottom people on either sides to avoid team stacks.

Very useful, but a lot of people didn't appreciate it and bitched for some reason, so it was usually turned off. .

Mr9k likes this.
  7. Mr9k

Mr9k AI Apprentice Admin

just an FYI: gg_420_courtyard uses this spawning method. Please let me know if you see any major bugs with it.

People have already complained about randomly looking up or down while spawning (i dont think thats a huge deal).

Deported likes this.
  8. redhot

redhot CmG Associate Member

It really isn't an issue just unaccustomed to it.

9. Deported

Deported Amateur Poster Recruit

420 courtyard works just fine. little bit of a hassle with spawning staring at the floor but its no big deal. i like the idea of random side switches.

Mr9k likes this.